- Former „The Bachelorette“ contestant Leo Dottavio is reportedly being investigated by Universal Studios for sexual harassment allegations, as TMZ first reported.
- A woman came forward with the accusations on Friday, claiming that while Dottavio was working as a stuntman on a theme park show called WaterWorld, he made women feel uncomfortable with „excessive hugging and unwanted flirting,“ per TMZ.
- The same complaint also alleged that Dottavio spoke to women in an inappropriate way on Instagram direct messages, according to the outlet.
- These allegations come after „The Bachelor“ alum Bekah Martinez accused Dottavio of sexually harassing women when he was in college. Dottavio denied the allegations.
- He is expected to appear on this season of „Bachelor in Paradise.“
Former „Bachelorette“ contestant Leo Dottavio is reportedly being investigated by Universal Studios over allegations of sexual harassment, as TMZ first reported.
A woman filed a complain with the company’s human resources department on Friday, claiming that while Dottavio was working as a stuntman on a theme park show called WaterWorld he made women feel uncomfortable with „excessive hugging and unwanted flirting,“ per TMZ. The same complaint also alleged that when Dottavio spoke to women over Instagram direct message, he brought the conversation to an „uncomfortable“ place, according to the outlet.
Dottavio worked on WaterWorld for three and a half years, according to TMZ. The incidences being investigated allegedly happened in late 2017, before he filmed Becca Kufrin’s season of „The Bachelorette.“
A representative for Universal Studios didn’t immediately return INSIDER’s request for comment.
The reported investigation comes to light less than a week after „Bachelor“ alum Bekah Martinez accused Dottavio of sexually harassing multiple women. Martinez said she was contacted by numerous women who alleged Dottavio sexually harassed them or made unwanted advances, including sending pictures of his genitalia, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Originally, the allegations were documented on Martinez’s Instagram story, which has since expired. Martinez has saved screenshots of the Instagram story as a highlight on her profile.
On his own since-expired Instagram story, Dottavio denied the allegations.
„I want to start by saying no one has ever accused me of sexual harassment. No one has ever come to me in any way and told me I made them feel uncomfortable. However, I am not a perfect person nor have I ever claimed to be,“ he said on Instagram, per THR. „Did I do things in college that I would be embarrassed about now? Absolutely. Was I a part of my culture, the times, movies? Yes. I have grown as a person since college. I am not the man I was two years ago, let alone 14 years ago. It’s important for women to speak out if they felt uncomfortable or harassed.“
Dottavio is expected to appear on this season of „Bachelor in Paradise.“ ABC declined to comment on this story.
Leo Dottavio didn’t immediately return INSIDER’s request for comment.
If you are a victim of sexual assault, you can visit RAINN or call its hotline at 1-800-656-4673 to receive confidential support from a trained staff member.
For more great stories, head to INSIDER’s homepage.
NOW WATCH: Why Magicians Pull Rabbits Out Of Their Hats
Source: Business insider