- A woman named Mary Halsey posted a video of herself perfectly reciting the words to Missy Elliott’s song „Work It.“
- Elliott saw the viral video and reposted a section of it saying: „Just found out I have a FUNKY WHITE SISTER.“
- The 47-year-old singer applauded Halsey (who works as a recreation assistant at Coventry Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center) and said she „straight killed ‚Work it‘ sound effects and all.“
- Even actress Jada Pinkett Smith shared the video online.
- According to Halsey’s Facebook, where the original video was posted, the performance took place at Goddard Park in Rhode Island.
- The track appears on Elliott’s 2002 album, „Under Construction.“
- Watch the video below.
I just found out I have a FUNKY WHITE SISTER😳😩😂🤣 forreal doe😂🤣& she brought her home girl with her from da hood that keep tip toeing in the background with a plate of food🤣 yo I’m done!😂 but she straight killed “Work It” sound effects & all🙌🏾 I love it🔥🙌🏾 pic.twitter.com/Rg9TTHAqu2
— Missy Elliott (@MissyElliott) August 8, 2018
For more great stories, head to INSIDER’s homepage.
Source: Business insider