- Lauren Elizabeth Cutshaw was pulled over early Saturday morning after cops said they saw her speed 60 mph through a four-way stop.
- The 32-year-old took a breathalyzer test that showed she had more than two times the legal limit of alcohol in her system, according to authorities.
- Police say the woman told officers she shouldn’t be arrested because she used to be a cheerleader and a sorority girl who attended a „high accredited university.“
- She also said she is a „very clean, thoroughbred, white girl.“
- Cutshaw was jailed Saturday on charges including drunk driving, speeding, disregarding a stop sign, marijuana possession and drug paraphernalia possession.
Police in South Carolina say a woman they saw speed through a stop sign at 60 mph told officers she needn’t be arrested because she’s a „very clean, thoroughbred, white girl.“
The Bluffton Police report says 32-year-old Lauren Elizabeth Cutshaw was slurring her words and a breathalyzer showed her blood-alcohol level at .18% when they pulled her over at 1:45 a.m. In South Carolina, it’s illegal to drive with a blood-alcohol level higher than .08%.
When officers asked her how much she had to drink that night, Cutshaw said two glasses of wine. When they asked how large of a glass she was pouring, she said, „I mean I was celebrating my birthday.“
Cutshaw told officers she shouldn’t be arrested because she used to be a cheerleader and a sorority girl and had attended a „high accredited university.“ She said she earned perfect grades her whole life and used to be a member of the National Honors Society. She topped it all off with saying that her partner’s „a cop“ as well and that she is a „very clean, thoroughbred, white girl.“
The Island Packet reports officers asked what being a „white, clean girl“ had to do with anything; she replied, „You’re a cop, you should know what that means.“
„Making statements such as these as a means to justify not being arrested are unusual in my experience as a law enforcement officer and I believe further demonstrate the suspect’s level of intoxication,“ the officer noted in the arrest report.
Cutshaw was jailed Saturday on charges including drunk driving, speeding, disregarding a stop sign, marijuana possession, and drug paraphernalia possession.
Source: Business insider