- A $69.90 skirt from Zara is selling quickly after growing in popularity on Instagram, as first reported by Who What Wear.
- The high-waisted skirt is perfect for fall, reaching just below the knees and featuring a black and orange plaid print.
- Earlier this week, Who What Wear reported that the skirt was sold out, but it appears to have been restocked since.
- At the time of this post, it’s available on Zara’s website in a size medium. It appears to be available in some stores in other sizes as well.
- Because the original skirt isn’t likely to be available for much longer, we’ve rounded up five alternatives, which all cost under $40 and are still available to purchase.
We’re less than one week into October, and fall fashion items are already flying off store shelves.
One such item, a plaid skirt from Zara that began making the rounds on Instagram sold out earlier this week, as reported by Who What Wear. But now it appears to be back in stock. At the time of this post, the high-waisted skirt is available on Zara’s website in a size medium. It appears to be available at some stores in other sizes as well.
It’s hardly surprising that the skirt is so popular
It has all the components of a staple fall wardrobe piece, featuring the perfect fall colors — ashy black and burnt orange — and falling just below the knee.
Instagram influencers are styling the skirt in different ways. Instagram user Valérie-Anne owns the skirt, and paired it with a bold knit top and contrasting white shoes.
Another Instagram user Ven’s Wife Style kept with the orange theme, wearing a flame sweater and a chic orange purse with the skirt.
If you missed out on buying the skirt, don’t worry. Zara isn’t the only retailer selling plaid pieces this autumn. In fact, a bunch of alternatives are available online, and cost less too.
ASOS has a similar option for $40
The skirt is also high-waisted and falls below the knee.
This $14.90 skirt from Forever 21 is shorter, and switches out black plaid for blue
But paired with some tights and the right pair of boots, a similar look can be created.
Though it’s not orange, this $34.99 skirt from Target is the perfect length for fall
While you can definitely wear this skirt casually, you can also dress it up for more fancy fall festivities.
You can also put a spin on the look with plaid pants, like this $14.90 pair from Forever 21
The long, flared style features a navy and rust color pattern, and pant legs will probably keep you warmer than a skirt.
Or you could try this $29.90 jumpsuit from Forever 21, which features a brighter orange plaid
Jumpsuits are a great alternative to long skirts, and are ideal for autumn activities like pumpkin-picking and campfire gatherings.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
NOW WATCH: 7 outdoor adventures that are worth the hike
Source: Business insider