- With award season coming up, it is a good time to reflect on the best actors and actresses we have seen on film.
- A study from the University of Turin determined the best actors and actresses of all time.
- The study is based on the number of movies they have been in and longevity of their careers.
Awards season will be here before you know it, and while some will be at home gleefully watching their favorite thespians accept top honors in their categories nominated, other will be left wondering why the person they were rooting for walked away empty handed.
The conversation regarding the best actors and actresses continues from year to year. With the legendary talent that continues to entertain audiences for decades, for some it’s easy to determine whose legacy will extend far beyond their lifespan.
Thankfully, researchers have done the heavy lifting for us.
Using the longevity of their careers along with the total numbers of movies starred in, a new study from the University of Turin came up with an arguably definitive list of the top 20 actors and actresses of all time.
Did your favorite make the cut? Check below.
20. Natalie Portman is one of the youngest on the list.
One of the youngest actresses on the list, the Israeli-born leading lady has a knack for picking roles that challenge her. From playing Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis in a 2016 biopic to a talented but obsessive ballerina in 2010’s „Black Swan,“ both roles earned her an Oscar nomination. However, she ultimately accepted the Academy Award for the role of Nina Sayers in „Black Swan.“
19. Dame Judi Dench has had iconic roles in lots of films.
The seven-time Oscar nominee has only won once for her role in 1998’s „Shakespeare in Love,“ but that doesn’t discount the longevity she has had in the industry. Not only has she had some iconic parts in „Pride and Prejudice“ and „Chocolat,“ she was also appointed Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire (DBE) at the 1988 New Years Honors.
18. Cloris Leachman is known for her acting and dedication to animal rights.
Not only is she an actress, but Cloris Leachman received PETA’s Lifetime Achievement Award in 2017. She also has an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress to her resume.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
Source: Business insider