The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you’ll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Whether you’re young or old, there’s something magical about the sight of an overflowing Christmas stocking awaiting you on Christmas morning.
- Of all the stockings we’ve found, we like the Needlepoint Christmas Stockings from Lands’ End the best.
- These beautifully made, heirloom-worthy holiday stockings are personalized for free and they come in a wide range of designs to please every member of your family.
In the words of Clement Clarke Moore’s famous poem, “‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there.”
Unfortunately, Mr. Moore didn’t specify which Christmas stockings were so carefully hung, and there are a lot of choices out there.
The most traditional Christmas stockings are red, green, and white; have a traditional Christmas theme, such as Santa, trees, or reindeer; and are made of polyester or knitted fabric. But what if you are looking for something a bit beyond the usual?
Maybe you want to match your home’s decorating style, you’re looking for a gift for a family member or friend, or you simply want to have some fun with your holiday décor.
Luckily, there are Christmas stockings for just about any theme or style, and we’ve rounded up 13 that we think are the best.
Here are the best Christmas stockings you can buy:
- Best Christmas stocking overall: Lands’ End Needlepoint Christmas Stocking
- Best vintage-style Christmas stocking: Quilted Christmas Stockings
- Best Christmas stocking with bling: Gilded Christmas Stocking
- Best Christmas stocking for dogs: Plaid Dog Bone Paw Stocking
- Best Hanukkah stocking: Velvet Happy Hanukkah Stocking
- Best Christmas stockings for NFL fans: NFL-Team Christmas Stocking
- Best elegant Christmas stocking: Jeweled Holiday Christmas Stocking
- Best knit Christmas stocking: Knitted Christmas Stocking
- Best toddler Christmas stocking: North Pole Reindeer Stocking
- Best set of Christmas stockings: Imperial Home Classic Christmas Stockings
- Best contemporary Christmas stocking: Boho Gray Shag Holiday Stocking
- Best trendy Christmas stocking: Peace Llama Knit Holiday Stocking
- Best unique Christmas stocking: Cactus Felted Wool Holiday Stocking
Read on in the slides below to check out our top picks.
The best Christmas stocking overall
Why you’ll love it: The perfect marriage of tradition, quality, and whimsy, Lands’ End’s Needlepoint Christmas Stockings will make you just as happy the 10th Christmas you hang them as the first.
Lands’ End has been making Needlepoint Christmas Stockings for more than two decades, and I’ve purchased several of them during those years. In fact, three of them — one for me, one for hubby, and one for our son — are hanging over the fireplace right now.
These are pretty much the perfect Christmas stockings. They’re traditional but not stodgy, fun but not cutesy, excellent quality but not too expensive. And not only can you personalize them with a name, word, or initials, you get a choice of several fonts and colors.
There are 11 designs to choose from, including Santa, an angel, polar bears, ballerinas, and bunnies. That means you are sure to find a favorite for every member of your family.
The fronts of the stockings are hand-needlepointed with 100% wool thread. The backs are cotton velvet, and there’s a poly/cotton lining that make it easy for Santa to slip goodies inside.
The stockings are a generous 20.5 inches long and 7.5 inches wide and have a velvet loop for hanging.
Pros: Great quality, several nice designs to choose from, free personalization with many color choices
Cons: No trendy designs, which might be a plus depending on your taste
The best vintage-style Christmas stocking
Why you’ll love it: If your style is vintage or boho, and you prefer handmade over mass-produced, you’ll love these Quilted Christmas Stockings from the world’s biggest craft fair: Etsy.
Quilting has been a popular art form for centuries, and there’s good reason for that. When a skilled artist transforms scraps of fabric into a finished piece, it’s hard to match the friendly and warm vibe. Maybe that’s why quilting isn’t only for the bed any longer. It’s just as wonderful when hung over your fireplace in the form of these Quilted Christmas Stockings.
Hand-stitched from vintage quilts, the stockings are quilted on both front and back, so you can hang them with the toe facing in either direction. Inside, there’s a 100% cotton muslin lining with a sturdy hanging loop at the top.
There are quite a few colors and designs to choose from, but remember that this is Etsy — You’ll find beautiful and unique handmade products, but each artisan is a separate “storefront” and might run out of your favorite stocking before you hit the “Buy” button.
The Quilted Christmas Stockings are 18 inches long and eight inches wide.
Pros: Handmade from vintage quilts, old-fashioned charm, several colors to choose from
Cons: Stockings tend to run out quickly
The best Christmas stocking with bling
Why you’ll love it: If you believe glamour is a year-round endeavor, you’ll love the bling-encrusted Gilded Christmas Stocking.
If your favorite Christmas song is “Santa Baby,” you’ll appreciate the silver-sequined bling that is the Gilded Christmas Stocking. Add this touch of shimmer and shine to your holiday mantel, and watch the whole room get just a little bit more glamorous.
The stocking has silver sequins only on the front, with a solid white fabric back. A ring of faux fleece around the top adds more flair and it looks like Santa’s boots when he heads out for a much-needed night at the club.
The stocking is 18 inches long and 10 inches wide, with a white hanging loop.
Pros: Glitzy stocking adds some glamour to your holiday décor, great price
Cons: Not everyone will like so much shine
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
Source: Business insider