- The rigorous demands and stress of military service often lead to sleep deprivation.
- Soldiers and sailors endure prolonged periods of training and operations — and they often get creative on where they drift off.
- That’s why they’re skilled at sleeping where they can, when they can.
- From torpedo rooms to tanks, aircraft to truck beds, here are some of the strangest and most uncomfortable places troops nod off.
1. In ready rooms before heading out on a mission.
2. On location — like this soldier hauling the mattress he’ll sleep on later.
3. Torpedo rooms on US submarines.
Junior members of submarine crews are often required to „hot rack,“ where another crewmember sleeps in their bunk while they are on duty.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
Source: Business insider