- The towns housing the wealthiest people in the US have been revealed for 2019, and unsurprisingly the Silicon Valley neighbourhood, Atherton, home to tech giants has come out on top — for the third year in a row.
- Entry-level income for 100 richest places topped $200,000, according to Bloomberg.
- Elite neighborhoods close to coasts came out on top with California, New York, and Connecticut leading the way.
The top 20 wealthiest towns in the US have been revealed in a new ranking released by the Bloomberg Richest Places index.
Most of the neighborhoods are close to major cities and also tend to be coastal with California and the East Coast particularly well represented. Many of the places listed are the hometowns of famous financiers, politicians, and actors, providing huge boosts to average income for the area.
Entry-level income for 100 richest places topped $200,000, according to Bloomberg, while all of the top 20 have an average income above $300,000 a year.
20. Paradise Valley, Arizona — The town is close to state capital Phoenix and is the hometown of actors Emma Stone and Dick Van Dyke, with an average income of $300,521.
19. Rumson, New Jersey — Rumson has shot up the rankings this year. Climbing a staggering 19 places to make 19th spot in 2019 with the area enjoying an average income of $303,542.
18. Westport, Connecticut — Climbing one place this year Westport is situated on the Long Island Sound and the state’s Gold Coast. It has an average income of $304,439.
See the rest of the story at Business Insider
Source: Business insider